“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” ~ Anais Nin
Integration and Maintenance Between Sessions to Deepen Healing
Staying in connection with your system between sessions is important. Doing so builds trust of our parts that Self is really here to tend to the system and increases Self-leadership. This can be done in small 1 to 5 minute check-ins or longer/formal meditations. Starting with where you are at is important. Maybe you only have a handful of minutes? Maybe parts are super blended and have a hard time relaxing back enough? Maybe your system is super dedicated to your healing and you spend a lot of time with your parts? Regardless where you are at, each time you bring yourSelf to your parts they benefit from it and appreciate the time and attention. Every minute and every attempt is valuable. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” ~ Lao Tzu.
You can start today! One easy way is with the Sentur app. Self-energy assessments, guided meditations, DPMP™ (and DPUM: Daily Post-Unburdening Maintenance – an essential piece of IFS healing) meditations, unblending walk-throughs, setting regular check-ins, Parts Catalogue Cards, Parts Biographies, parts mapping, trailhead notes and journaling and more abound as ways to keep your system feeling connected and alive. All of these are useful tools to help deepen your integration.
Other ideas might include:
* Parts Externalizations through art, dance, movement, music, SoulCollage® or collecting items and other imagery
* Making Parts Maps – certain clusters of parts, the full system, or couple’s mapping of parts who interact
* Creating Parts Timelines – the parts names who show up in sessions (or in any exchanges you have). (You’ll soon discover who are main players in your life and why they are interested in the things/people they are!)
*Write Parts Catalogue Cards – capture their unique healing see the PCC page
*Write abbreviated or intricate Parts Biographies of each part
*Create your own customized DPMP™ Meditation
*Do something you are passionate about – learn about the part/s where this originates and be conscious of your connection with them while doing the activity (i.e. Hey Martha Stewart Part, let’s cook something good together!)
*Connect with others who know IFS and share your parts with them (making sure it feels safe to do so – that all your parts are truly welcome)
* Creating Parts “Bucket Lists” – inviting each part to create a list of what they want to do before you die
* Whenever you are engaging with someone, get curious “who in me is talking or wanting to talk right now?” Check in with them and learn more
*The opportunities are endless…